Best Video Player For Windows are tons of software available for the Windows platform, hence choosing the right one for your computer isn’t an easy task. Also, with the increasing number of newer media formats, not all free media players are capable of running all popular file formats like MKV, FLV, AVI, MP4, MOV, etc.
Apart from being a feature-rich software, a great media player also needs to be simple, intuitive, and lightweight. If we take these factors into account, players like VLC, GOM, Media Player Classic, etc., are recommended. But, what about their features?
That’s why very often people send us emails asking the question, “Which is the best media player for Windows?” This has prompted me to prepare a list of the best free media players for Windows operating system.
Top 10 Best Video Player For Windows
1. VLC MEDIA PLAYER
VLC is one of the best Windows media players because of its fast and simple nature that does not involve any difficult or complex steps. The software also features different customization options that can help you to improve your viewing experience and change the look of the player. It is also often used as a streaming media player to view the videos from popular sites like YouTube, Google, etc.
- This is a free and an open-source platform for video playing platform
- This app can play almost anything on the internet
- Also, this app is available across all the devices
PotPlayer has numbers of features and specialities that can easily give VLC a tough competition in the market today. This video player for Windows is developed by a South Korean internet company named Kakao.
It comes with a wide range of customization options that will allow you to personalize the software as per your requirements and need. Using techniques like CUDA, QuickSync, etc. PotPlayer can deliver maximum performance and also giver their users lightweight experience. That is why PotPlayer is the second-best media player on the internet today and has won the hearts of many netizens across the globe. The video player for Windows can also play 3D videos and supports various types of 3D glasses available in the market. It also comes with lots of built-in keyboard shortcuts for making things easier.
- This app has an attractive and also an easy to use interface
- This app also provides you with the best audio in terms of its performance
- There are many numbers of customization options exclusive to PotPlayer app
Read More : How to Remove Password from Windows 10
3. KM PLAYER
KMPlayer is one of the greatest and free Windows 10 media players that possess the ability to play almost all types of video and audio files. As it has an inbuilt function for Windows 10, users can conveniently use this video player in your Windows computer and watch your favourite contents in it.
With support for 3D, 4K, UHD support, users can be able to watch and enjoy high definition videos on their devices.
KMPlayer is also known for its wide range of video formats that it can be able to play. You can choose the parts of videos as favourites, make them repeat, and lots more. You also get the feature of editing subtitles right inside the player. Initially, KM Player was released in 2004.
- This app is very robust
- You can also customize this app based on your preference
- There is also a new feature called KM Player Connect that the developers are now rolling out and this will be soon available in the upcoming updates
4. MEDIA PLAYER CLASSIC – HOME CINEMA
Yeah, you have guessed that right. As the name of the app itself implies it, Media Player Classic is a classic media player that is slowly gaining popularity among the netizens in this era. This app was basically developed, keeping in mind the loads of requests raised from the netizens. Together, the developers have improved the older version. The Media Player Classic is a great Windows 10 Media Player alternative.
- This app can also be used on your older Windows version, without any hassle.
- This app supports even more formats than VLC Media player
- When it comes to audio performance, this app is just so amazing
- This app has also gained more hearts of the people as compared to other apps
5. ACG PLAYER
- This app supports playback from external devices also
- This app gives you the lightweight experience of the game
- Also, the best feature of this app is its minimalist design
- Also, this app gives timely updates with further enhancements
6. GOM MEDIA PLAYER
GOM Media Player, also known by the full name Green Online Movie Player, is an absolutely free Windows media player platform that comes with an in-built assistance for almost all of the commonly used video formats. Like any other media players out on the internet, this app has basically all the features and functionalities. What makes GOM exceptionally different from others is that, using GOM’s exclusive library, you can download lots of subtitles to enjoy movies and other films in your regional language.
- In GOM there is an option to change the skin colour make the entire look of the app as your own
- You can adjust the font of the subtitles as per your choice
- This is a very clean and neat user interface
- This platform is built using the most powerful algorithms
Read More : HOW TO STREAM IN DISCORD Gaming&Movie
7. DIVX PLAYER
Next in the list is the DivX player, which is one of the most popular video media players that are available on the internet today. This app is the first of its kind that offers a free HEVC playback. This app can also be used for streaming media player that will allow you to stream music, video and photos.
- One of the best features of this app is that DivX media player allows you to play your favourite scenes of the show or movie
- Also, with the help of the Chapter Points, you can play different scenes, without any interruptions
- There is a smart library option that will help keep track of the private and the purchased video contents
- This app also supports multiple audio tracks
Initially known as XBMC, KODI is an open-source platform that is gaining huge popularity among the netizens today. There are so many countless customizable applications that will allow you to create and enjoy a media like appearance. This is a great interactive feature that you should never miss having in your laptop or computer.
- The user interface is very friendly and also simple and easy to use
- This app is built using the most powerful security algorithm and is also encrypted
- This app plays almost any type of video format and other digital media stored locally or on the internet
- You can also cast this app to the TV and have a better experience
Plex is actually a blessing to the Windows media player apps. Almost everyone wishes to have this as a default app on their laptops. This media player supports all the video formats, so that you do not need any additional video conversion files. As it is Chromecast supported, you can cast the videos on your larger TV screen and have a better viewing experience.
- This app is completely ad-free, which makes your viewing experience most memorable
- app is supported by most of the platforms
- Media management is very easy and also simple in this app
- Plex can be download in most of the devices like phones, tablets, etc.
10. 5K PLAYER
5KPlayer is yet another Windows Media Player that is worth mentioning on the list. As the name suggests, it is a top-ranked video player for Windows as it is very compatible with various video file formats. It claims to play almost all kinds of videos and music without any plug-ins.
The user interface of the 5K Player is very clean and simple. It is also known for its more streaming options. 5K Player also lets you import videos and music from websites like YouTube, Facebook, etc. It is also compatible with common formats like MP4, MOV, M4V, MP3, etc.
- This app is ad-free and so it lets you watch movies
- This software is built with the most powerful security encryption methods
- This platform can play almost any of the video file formats
This article describes all of the available media players for Windows laptop. This article is written with all the real-time benefits that you can get with the different types of media players that are available for Windows computer. I assure you that you can trust this article with all your heart and the information furnished in this is true.